What is Desiccant
What is Desiccant?
First, it’s important to understand that our Desiccant Packs are non-toxic: meaning safe on the inside (made of clay), safe on the outside (the fabric used) and most importantly, safe for contact with your possessions. Our product is made of environmentally friendly natural clay, without additives and is chemically inert. The clay used in our Desiccant is Montmorillonite clay, which is a very pure absorbent clay found in near-surface deposits all over the world and is commonly used in medicine, cosmetics and even pet food. Most important, the fabric used for our desiccant packs is a non-woven fabric that’s porous enough to be breathable for moisture abortion and release, and can withstand up to 250 degrees in the oven for reuse!
- Our quick guide on reusing/recharging: How to dry Desiccant Packs.
- StaDri, our desiccant packets, will draw moisture from around the treatment area.
- Because moisture rises, our Sta-Dri pouches should be higher up in the treatment area.
- Treatment areas for Sta-Dri should be contained or sealed to prolong effectiveness.
- The humidity in a sealed treatment area will remain below 40% at 77 degrees F for prolonged periods.
- For best performance, use 1 pound per 15 cubic feet of space to be treated.
- An SD-32 is 32 ounces or 2 lbs and will treat a space of about 30 SQFT, 3’x3’x3′.
- Use an electric dehumidifier for large areas or those containing a constant water source.
- For best performance, protected spaces should be closed up or sealed to prevent additional moisture.